CANCELLED: RAN-100: : Intro to Manual Mill
What You'll Learn
Please be aware: This class requires a 2 hour lab portion in addition to the scheduled lecture. Lab portions are 1:1 student and instructor and will be scheduled at the end of the lecture.
Principles of manufacturing processes in the areas of metal removal with an emphasis on milling operations using a Bridgeport machine. Instruction includes an overview of the machining process, quality control, metrology, inspection, blueprint reading. The instructor will emphasize safety during hands-on operations.
- Standard technique for part setup using a mill vise
- Tool type recognition
- Proper spindle speeds and feed rates
- Interpret part drawings to apply the proper setup and tooling
- Preform quality check after machining operation
- Best practice for hand cranked milling cutting operations
- Basic machine maintenance
Safety glasses and closed-toed shoes are required when inside the lab area.
Please be aware: This is the lecture portion of the class, a one on one lab portion will be scheduled between the students and the instructor at the end of the lecutre.